Video conferencing is an expensive, yet necessary, undertaking for attorneys and deponents. The Cooper Group has selected the Zoom video conferencing platform because not only does it fit our mission to be a technology-driven court reporting firm, but also offers many benefits compared to other solutions. Starting with participants being able to enter the online video conference with just one click, Zoom:
- Saves the time, trouble and expense of travel
- Works via computer, tablet or smartphone
- Supports private online collaboration via secure chat
- Allows witnesses to annotate exhibits online
- Supports online file sharing
Renowned for its user-friendliness, quality and affordability, Zoom addresses the issues that have kept some law firms from fully embracing video conferencing. In fact, Gartner, the world’s leading information technology research and advisory firm, placed Zoom in the Leaders Quadrant of the 2017 Magic Quadrant for Meeting Solutions, and Frost & Sullivan named it the 2017 Company of the Year in the video conferencing industry.
Using exhibit-based Zoom to video conference with people located anywhere in the country, attorneys are able to:
- Capture non‐verbal gestures and sounds
- Display a witness’s demeanor, sarcasm, etc.
- Display a witness handling exhibits or pointing
- Review a witness’s impact in preparing for trial
- Encourage good behavior
- Search text for important sections
- Create video clips to share with experts
- Present witnesses unavailable for trial
- Use picture‐in‐picture to capture both witness and exhibit
- Use picture-in-picture for exhibit sharing
- Use time stamps to reveal witness’s hesitation in answering
- Save on expert witness fees and travel
- Offer compelling impeachment video clips
- Provide memorable evidence
Since videos will be stored in the cloud, they are accessible anytime. Soon, we’ll be adding instant download functionality after beta testing is complete, which will eliminate the need to mail or keep disks and thumb drives.
As much as technology evolves, it can never replace a high level of customer service. Having a responsive and reliable court reporting firm to count on is imperative for attorneys. That’s why in addition to technology-driven solutions like Zoom, The Cooper Group continues to offer real-time, expedited transcripts, interpreters available nationwide, and videographers and court reporters available every day. Service and technology together make us your one call, one solution.